I’ve noticed that a lot – almost half – of the pictures entered into the CuteKid contest are ones where the child is looking away or has a hat or sunglasses on. How is a judge/agent/casting director going to be able to tell what the kid looks like?
FOLLOW THESE RULES EXACTLY FOR POSTING PICTURES ON THE CUTE KID OR SENDING TO AGENCIES:
- Make sure pictures are in-focus and close-up to the face on the head shots – this is the most important rule!!
- No distracting patterns on clothing
- No hats, sunglasses or anything else that covers the face or head
- PERSONALITY, PERSONALITY, PERSONALITY!!!
Send two close-up headshots and one full length shot (AGENCIES PREFER NON-PROFESSIONAL PICTURES) with:
- The child’s name
- Contact info
- Date of birth
- Clothing size
- Height in inches
- A cover letter saying where you live and the parent/guardian contact information.
If it’s an email, write everything (sizes, etc. ) in the main part of the email together with the parent’s contact information also.
When an agent or manager is going through hundreds of pictures of children, the ones that will stand out are the ones that are following these rules above.